Tuesday 5 March 2013

Terrible Tuesday

So, following on from the previous day's rubbish session, I decided that it would only make sense to have consecutive weak days.  Cue lots of frustration and head shaking as I struggled through the deadlift and shoulder press session.

So...

Squat: 70kg, 90kg, 105kg, 105kg,
OHP: 40kg, 50kg, 55kg, 65kg,
Deadlift: 90kg, 105kg, 125kg, 140kg (x1)
Sit ups: 25 +2.5kg, 25 +5kg, 25 + 10kg, 25 +kg,

Squat:  after Monday's rubbish squatting effort, I wasn't looking forward to this.  But coasted through as it's only 4 sets and less weight.

OHP:  Went reasonably well, really struggled with the last couple of reps on the last set, which is to be expected.

Deadlift:  another poo session.  My back was painful, my arms felt dead and had no grip strength.  I only managed one rep with the 140kg weight, so was less than pleased with that.  Back to the drawing board, I think.

Sit ups:  these are getting easier, so I managed to up the resistance.  I'm not sure that the 2.5kg resistance is doing all that much for me, so I might drop that weight in favour of more at 5kg.



Another session where I just didn't enjoy it and I didn't feel strong.  Unsure whether it's in my head, in my nutrition or fatigue from rugby and boxing circuits over the weekend.  Maybe a couple of days away from the gym will sort me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment