Tuesday 19 March 2013

Thank Funk It's Friday

Another training week draws to a close.  More squats squatted, more benches pressed, more deads lifted.

I head off to the gym straight from work so that I can finish early and get some food as early as possible and I also know that this is my biggest gym session of the week.

Squat: 70kg, 90kg, 105kg, 125kg, 145kg (x3), 105kg (x8)
Bench Press: 50kg, 65kg, 75kg, 90kg, 105kg (x3), 75kg (x8)
Row: 45kg, 55kg, 65kg, 75kg, 90kg (x3), 65kg (x8)
Tricep Dip Machine: 3x8 @ 110kg
Bicep Curl: 3x8 @ 50lb (22.7kg)
Tricep Cable Extension: 3 x 8 @ 35kg

Squat went well - the middle rep on the heavy set wasn't so great and I didn't go as low as I'd hoped.  The 8 reps on the final set were a bit of a killer though.

Bench press was also good - managed to breeze through the warm up sets and because I'm un-spotted, I did 2 reps, re-racked, then did the last heavy rep.

Rowing is getting very tough now.  The jump from 75kg to 90kg is not a kind one and I really struggled with the last 90kg rep.

The assistance exercises are going well - up to 110kg one dip machine.  I really ought to be less lazy and go use the assisted dip station upstairs.  I don't think that I'll be that far off bodyweight, which will be a real achievement at just under 18 stone.  Managed to have a good bicep curl session, although I was using odd dumbbells - one has a thick grip and the other is thinner so they felt very different in my hands.

So that's a PB equalling bench press, a deadlift PB and a squat PB this week.  Pretty pleasing stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment