Saturday 23 March 2013

Freezing Friday

The last regular training session of the week and delighted I am to be doing it!  Following the normal plan today - squat/bench/row/dip/pull up/tricep cable.

So, the weights...

Squat: 70kg, 90kg, 105kg, 125kg, 140kg
Bench press: 50kg, 65kg, 75kg, 90kg, 100kg
Barbell Row: 45kg, 55kg, 65kg, 75kg, 85kg
Dip (assisted): 80lb, 75lb, 65lb, 55lb, 45lb
Chin up (assisted): 80lb (5 x 5)
Tricep cable extension: 25kg, 30kg, 35kg, 40kg, 45kg

Squat felt good, but I was stopped after set 4 and went cold, so did another set of 5 @ 100kg as a re-warm up.

Bench press was a solid session and wasn't too bad, really.  Fairly standard stuff, really.

Row again felt good and powerful, which is what I'm aiming for.

After previous weeks, I've decided that actual dips are going to be better than the dip machine.  But I wasn't sure where to start, assistance-wise as I've not dipped in a good while.  Felt really good and I think I'll give actual proper bodyweight dips a go next week.

Chin up - by God are these difficult!  Something to work on over the next few weeks/months.  I want to get towards bodyweight on these - might take some time though!

Tricep extension again was good - thought I'd push the weight up a little and managed 45kg which is a new PB!

No comments:

Post a Comment