Sunday 10 March 2013

Feeling Ready For The Weekend Friday

Training week finished.  I had a pretty rubbish training week last week and was looking to make amends this week - even though I'd taken a slight step back in terms of weight.

So, Friday's session...

Squat: 70kg, 85kg, 100kg, 120kg, 140kg (3), 100kg (8)
Bench: 50kg, 65kg, 75kg, 90kg, 100kg (3), 75kg (8)
Row: 40kg, 50kg, 60kg, 70kg, 85kg (3), 60kg (8)
Tricep dip: 3 x 8 @ 100kg
DB curl: 3 x 8 @ 20kg
Tricep cable extension: 3 x 8 @ 30kg

Squats went really well and I swept through them in a very pleasing manner.  No issues whatsoever there.

Bench press was good again and the 100x3 almost felt easy - there was a fair bit left in me, which is pleasing - I feel another 10kg there for 3 reps.

Row was more challenging - mainly because I've upped the weights and found a weight that's giving me a good challenge.

The assistance exercises were good and I could see no real issue with any of the weights - they'll go up as I see fit.  Tricep dip was good - 100kg is an improvement on last week and was a good struggle by the end of the set.  DB curl was good again - just a shame that there doesn't seem to be any 22.5kg DBs as 25kg might be a bit much at the minute, I suppose I'll have to hunt down some 55lb weights.  Tricep cable was OK - I think I might use the rope attachment on alternate weeks, just for a slightly different hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment