Monday 4 February 2013

Tell Me Why I Don't Like Mondays

Because they're evil.  Pure evil.  Work.  The long stretch to the weekend.  The beginning of the training week.

Actually - the beginning of the training week; now that's cause to put a smile on my face!

So - the first session in earnest doing the Madcow 5x5 program, aiming at getting my 5 rep max up across the important compounds (squat, deadlift, bench press, shoulder press).

Squat: 65kg, 80kg, 100kg, 115kg, 130kg
Bench press: 50kg, 60kg, 70kg, 85kg, 95kg
Barbell row: 30kg, 35kg, 40kg, 50kg, 55kg

All sets done with 5 reps and about 90 seconds rest inbetween.

The squat wasn't too bad.  I still get funny looks when I squat in socks.  There was a funny noise when I got to the 3rd set and I may have damaged some underpants.  D'oh!

Bench press was almost easy and was fairly straightforward.

Barbell row isn't too bad - it's not a movement that I've done much before so I'm happy trying to get decent form.

I know that this programme is going to get a heck of a lot harder over the coming weeks, so I'm happy building a decent base at the minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment