Wednesday 20 February 2013

Happy Hump Day!

I've got a week off work, which means that I can train during the day.  I really needed a rest day yesterday as my neck/shoulder/trapeizius was giving me a lot of pain.  It felt a little better this morning and I didn't need painkillers to see me through the night.

Today's session is lighter in terms of weight on the squat and sets - only 4, but there is squat and deadlift in the same session, which is a real drain on ATP stores.

So, today's session...

Squat: 70kg, 85kg, 100kg, 100kg
Standing Press: 40kg, 50kg, 55kg, 65kg
Deadlift: 85kg, 100kg, 120kg, 135kg
Sit ups: 20, +2.5kg, 5kg, +10kg

The squats were easy enough as it's nowhere near the bigger weights of the Monday/Friday sessions.

Standing press went well, despite the bad left shoulder.  Until the 3rd rep of the last set.  I had to re-rack the bar as I almost lost control of it.  That annoyed me, but I completed the set.

Deadlift was hard, as it always is.  But, it's getting to be a fair bit more than bodyweight, which is a definite improvement and with each pound lost in weight, I get an advantage in the difference between bodyweight/amount pulled.  I seriously need to have a look into using straps next time I deadlift though, as I don't have a problem with the weight as such, it's holding on to the bar.  Something to experiment with.

Sit ups aren't going too badly.  I'll keep at these.  Next week, I'll go to sets of 25.  Then in a couple of weeks, I'll up the weights so that I start with 2.5kg, then 5kg, then 10kg, finishing with a set holding a plate.  That'll be fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment