Saturday 16 February 2013

Flying low Friday!

The end of the training week.  As a treat, some of the weights go up.  Hooray!

But, I've got some leave coming up next week.  Because I'm the quiet and reserved type, I've been crowing from the rooftops about it.  Karma struck back tonight.  I did the squats and had wobbly legs afterwards.  Possibly down to diet, possibly down to weight shifted.  So, I went to the bench press machine downstairs.  On the last set, 1 plate + 5kg, I did those and as a point of courtesy, I leave the benches with no weights on them.  As I cleared the second side, I forgot about the 5kg, which came off the bar and found my big toe.  Nice!  Then, to top it all off, I went back upstairs and due to the squats reducing my legs to jelly, I fell up the stairs.  So, Karma gave me a much needed slap!  By the way, did I mention my upcoming leave?

So, the session...

Squat: 70, 85, 100, 120, 135 (x3), 100 (x8)
Bench Press: 50, 60, 70, 85, 100 (x3), 70 (x8)
Barbell Row: 35, 45, 55, 60, 75 (x3), 60 (x8)

All are x5 unless otherwise stated.

Squat was really pleasing as I got nice and low on the heavy set of 3 reps.  It was also nice to snap back up and see the bar bend!

Bench press felt easy, which is encouraging as there was no way that I could shift that weight a couple of weeks ago.

Barbell row went up in weight now that I have the form sorted and that was significantly more challenging.  But it was good to see the last 3 sets using a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment