Saturday 9 February 2013

I put the turd in Saturday.

I had the opportunity for a lie in today.  And did I?  If 8.30 counts as a lie in, having seen 2am roll around, then yes, I did.  Perfect preparation for a morning of heavy lifting.

Last night, I picked up my badminton racquet for the first time in a couple of years and had a bit of a charge about - quite enjoyed that.

So - today's session.  The end of the week 'heavy' session.

Squat: 65, 80, 100, 115, 135 (3), 100 (8)
Bench: 50, 60, 70, 85, 95 (3), 70 (8)
Row:  30, 35, 40, 50, 55 (3), 40 (8)

Squat wasn't too bad on the scale of things - quite pleasing to get low and not be thinking too much about form on anything except for the 135kg set.

Bench press seems to be starting quite easy, but I'm sure it'll get harder, so I'm happy for an easy couple of weeks to begin.

Row isn't too bad, but I have no real idea where I am with that one - I might up the weights by 5kg next week.

Next week should see more improvements across the board.  Also, coupled with better diet/nutrition AND proper rest, I've managed to drop 8lbs so far this week.  Fingers crossed, I'll get down to a fighting weight of low 16st before the summer - that'll be around 3 stone lost - more weight lost = more on the bar for squats, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment