Wednesday 31 October 2012

Tezzie Tickling Tuesday

Tuesday, recently, this has been a horrible training day.  But, I was supposed to be unleashing seven shades of Hell on my rugby women in the form of a fierce conditioning session.  But, the session was cancelled shortly after my knee physio session.

Lets talk physio.  Because I have rubbish knee ligaments in one knee and some weird issue in my left knee/thigh, I've been prescribed a 6 week Biomechanical Knee Programme.  I was promised a good workout at this as it rendered my physio unable to walk properly for a couple of days.  I'm a rugby player.  I'm used to activities that don't allow me to walk.  So, I was expecting to be put through my paces with a series of near superhuman activites.

There were 12 stations.  In fairness, some of them were difficult-ish.  2 minutes per station.  My feet don't 'talk to the floor' fully and my left leg is considerably weaker than my right leg.  It's my right leg that I'm having issues with.  Hmmmmmmm.  With any luck, over the next six weeks, I'll have sorted out the imbalance.

So... post-physio, I went to the gym as the rugby session was cancelled.

Bench press - 1 x 10 @ 60kg, 1 x 10 @ 70kg, 2 x 8 @ 90, 1 x 10 @ 80
Close grip pulldown - 1 x 10 @ 50, 1 x 10 @ 60, 3 x 10 @ 75
Incline bench press - 1 x 10 @ 40kg, 1 x 10 @ 50kg, 3 x 10 @ 60kg
Pectoral fly - 1 x 10 @ '5', 1 x 10 @ '7', 3 x 10 @ '10'
Narrow grip bench press - 4 x 10 @ 60kg
Static bike - L5, 10 mins @ 90rpm


I should have stayed at home.  But, you don't build awesomes at home.  You build them in the gym, then go eat decent and repair at home/in your sleep.  I seemed to have just lost a bit of mojo.

Anyway, bench press went poorly.  I failed at a weight I've smashed before and that set the tone for the rest of the session.  I just felt a bit under-par.  Weirdly, I enjoyed the bike more than anything else in that session.

Ah well, time for a lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment