Tuesday 9 October 2012

Mardy Monday

Well, it would have been mardy if I was at work.  But, I wasn't.

So, having built some decent muscle mass and strength, for the next 6-8 weeks, I'll be training in a slightly different manner.  I'll be aiming at volume and I'll also be adding in some decent CV sessions as I aim to cut around 6% bodyfat for now.

Last night, my body composition (according to my monitor was)...

Body fat = 25.8%
Water = 55.4%
Muscle = 70.4%

I'm ignoring BMI, as according to that, I shouldn't be able to walk upstairs without having a coronary.  For me, it's all about cutting some bodyfat.  Now, I weigh ~ 117kg.  I'm aiming to cut my bodyfat to under 20%.  If I was to stay at my current weight, that would equate to losing around 7kg.  Which should be relatively simple, just do more CV and cut the rubbish that I eat.

With that in mind, I followed the same kind of training regime as I've been doing recently, but I dropped some weight and did my heavier sets as 3 x 12 (or, 2 x 12 and 1 x to failure/break in form).

  • Bench press - 1 x 10 @ 50kg, 1 x 10 @ 60kg, 2 x 12 @ 80kg, 1 x 15 @ 80kg
  • Seated row - 1 x 10 @ 50kg, 1 x 10 @ 60kg, 2 x 12 @ 70kg, 1 x 18 @ 70kg
  • Incline bench press - 1 x 10 @ 40kg, 1 x 10 @ 50kg, 2 x 12 @ 60kg, 2 x 14 @ 60kg
  • EZ curl bar - 6 x 10 @ 20kg, 1 x 14 @ 20kg
  • Dips - 1 x 10 @ 70lb, 1 x 10 @ 55lb, 2 x 5 @ 40lb, 1 x 5 @ 45lb
The bench press was pleasing.  I'll move that up by 5kg next week.  I'm next due to bench press on Thursday, so I might add 2.5kg each side then.

Seated row was good and very tiring.  Everything can comfortably go up a weight next week.

Much the same with the incline bench.  That was comfortable doing the 12.

EZ curl bar - I put the weight added to the bar as I'm not sure what the bar weighs.  My training partner and I do this as a pass the bar type - so you get much less rest.  Do one set of 10, pass the bar, do the set, pass the bar, do the set etc.  He stopped at set 5, so, as I want volume in my training, I did another couple of sets.

The dips - I decided to go heavy on the dips as my training partner has challenged me to do 5 bodyweight dips.  I've challenged him to do 35 bodyweight dips (if he does that, then I'll be very impressed that a 20+ stone man can do 35 bodyweight dips).

Anyway - hope this appeals to you, Rhon ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment