Thursday 25 October 2012

Malteaser Monday

Actually, Monday had nothing to do with Malteasers.

Monday was all about spotting my mate at the gym.  I had managed to contract a rare strain of manfluenza that saw me off work on Friday and generally feeling significantly un-shibby.

So, off I trudged to the gym, sniffling away and generally being a bit of a ponce.  Until, quite suddenly, my course of manupacillin kicked in and I thought, sod it - I'll take the weights back a little and give it a go.  What's the worst that could happen?

  • Bench press - 10 @ 50kg, 10 @ 60kg, 3 x 10 @ 80kg
  • Narrow grip pulldown - 10 @ 40kg, 10 @ 50 kg, 3 x 10 @ 75kg
  • Incline bench press - 10 @ 40kg, 10 @ 50kg, 3 x 10 @ 60kg
  • Dumbbell curl - 10 @ 35lb, 10 @ 40lb, 3 x 10 @ 45lb
  • Narrow grip bench press - 10 @ 40kg, 10 @ 50kg, 2 x 10 @ 70kg
  • Wide/neutral/narrow bench press - 30 @ 50kg
Everything was on the upper edge of comfortable.  I was particularly pleased to bust out the full 30 reps of the last set.  Something that really finished she arms/shoulders and after the narrow grip bench press, there's not much left in the triceps.

In unrelated news...  I've been told that I have 'perfect' guns and that they're 'rock hard'.  All hail the 'CEPS!  And I must thank the very nice woman that said that to me, I did a very internalised happy dance at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment