Friday 31 August 2012

Fidgety Friday

The day after a rest day.  I've been itching to get to the gym all day.  I woke up having had 2 decent sleep cycles - you grow in bed, not in the gym.  I took delivery of my new protein - the plan is to take it in the morning as a breakfast replacement shake.  I had an average day at work and I had planned the evening session with the training partner.

So, gym o'clock arrives and away we go...
  • Bench press: 1 x 10 @ 35lb DB, 1 x 8 @ 45lb DB, 3 x 5 @ 85kg barbell
  • Wide grip lat pulldown: 1 x 10 @ 40kg, 1 x 8 @ 55kg, 3 x 5 @ 75kg
  • Incline bench (barbell): 1 x 10 @ 60kg, 4 x 5 @ 70kg
  • Spider curl: 1 x 10 @ 20kg, 1 x 8 @ 30kg, 3 x 5 @ 36.5kg
  • Dip: 1 x 10 @ 80lb, 1 x 8 @ 70lb, 3 x 5 @ 55lb
  • Ez-curl bar: 2 x 6 @ 30kg, 2 x 6 @ 35kg

Quite a lot of movements worked through tonight and worth it as I'm almost spent.

Bench press was the first full barbell working set with my dicky shoulder.  Really pleased to be at 1.5+ plates for my 5 reps.  Next week is 1.75 plates for the 5 reps, then I'll be knocking on the door of 2 plates, which is a major aim of mine.

Pulldown is coming along nicely and the shoulder mobility & control is getting there.

The spider curl is getting heavy, which is pleasing - I'll have a gun-show in no time!

The dips aren't too far away from bodyweight - I could eat less and be at bodyweight, but I have a commitment to resistance...

Overall, a very pleasing training week.  I'm regularly getting weight PBs and I'm knocking on the door of the other weight PBs.

The weekend's training plans are:

Saturday - walking
Sunday - boxing class (which I may well end up taking)

I will be an athlete soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment