Tuesday 4 September 2012

Moooooooooooooooooooooooonday!

Another training week begins and with it comes more improvements in weights shifted.

This week is slightly different though.  I've decided to take the supplements seriously, so in addition to a decent protein rich diet, I'm also going to be having the following supplements...

Protein - Maximuscle ProMax Diet for breakfast
Oats - MyProtein fine oats mixed in with the breakfast shake
BCAA - MyProtein BCAA to aid recovery
Creatine - MyProtein Creatine Monohydrate to help push that little bit more in the gym
Taurine - MyProtein Taurine to help with focus and decent sleep
ZMA - Zinc & Magnesium supplement to aid recovery

In addition to this, I'm making sure that I eat healthier (cutting out the junk food) and that I drink plenty of water - the water is needed as creatine is known for causing cramps.

Basically, my nutritional plan is as follows...

  • Breakfast shake with oats, BCAA, creatine, multivitamin 
  • Lunch - chicken, pasta and salad, creatine
  • Late PM snack - small pasta portion
  • Dinner - chicken/fish, veg and rice/boiled potato
  • Pre training - taurine drink
  • Post training - protein shake + BCAA
  • Before bed - ZMA + taurine
And now onto the meat of today.  The training session...

Bench press: 1 x 10 @ 35lb DB, 1 x 8 @ 45lb DB, 3 x 5 @ 90kg
Hammer curl: 1 x 10 @ 25lb, 1 x 8 @ 35lb, 3 x 5 @ 55lb
Dip: 1 x 10 @ 80lb, 1 x 8 @ 70lb, 3 x 5 @ 50lb
Wide grip lat pulldown: 1 x 10 @ 45kg, 1 x 8 @ 55kg, 3 x 5 @ 75kg
Pec flye: 1 x 10 @ '7', 1 x 8 @ 10, 3 x 5 @ 14
Tricep rope pulldown: 1 x 10 @ 15kg, 1 x 8 @ 20kg, 3 x 5 @ 25kg

Overall, I was pretty pleased with the session.  My heaviest benchpress in over a year, equal to my heaviest curl ever - the form on my left arm leaves a little to be desired, so I'm not moving the weight up yet.  The dip is almost as heavy as I've been in over a year - it does pinch on my shoulder though.  Pulldown is coming along nicely - massive thanks to the physio for getting my shoulder workable again!  Flye was OK, it's quite a weird movement though.  Rope pulldown could have gone better - but it is a lot harder using the rope compared to a bar.

So, some more progression and hopefully quite a bit more over the coming weeks as I continue with the training supplements.

No comments:

Post a Comment