I had a good rest at the weekend. Cycled a couple of miles on Saturday and went to the boxing circuits session on Sunday.
My shoulder felt a little achy this morning; I think I overdid the punching at boxing. But, I'm a man and there was a bag in front of me. I'm not going to tickle it, am I?
Following the program and adding a little in, tonight's session looked like:
- DB Bench Press
- Bicep work (curls, hammer, pass-bar, whatever, just mix it up a bit)
- Cable wide grip lat pulldown
- DB bench press - 10 @ 70lbs, 8 @ 90lbs, 3 x 5 @ 110lbs.
- Hammer curl - 10 @ 35lbs, 8 @ 40lbs, 3 x 5 @ 55lbs
- Cable pulldown - 10 @ 40kg, 8 @ 50kg, 3 x 5 @ 65kg
- Dips - 10 @ 80lb, 8 @ 80lb, 3 x 5 @ 80lb
- Cable crossover flye - 10 @ 20kg, 8 @ 25kg, 3 x 5 @ 40kg
The curls were a weight PB for me - I've never curled 55lbs before, so I'm really pleased with that!
The pulldown was a fairly standard session. I finished with 10 very slow and controlled pulls, concentrating on shoulderblade movement.
Due to today's shoulder pain, I found it difficult to dip tonight, so I stuck with the same assistance. I won't let that get to me - my shoulder is in rehab, so I'll forgive a little pain and not pushing too much.
The cable crossover was hard, but worth it.
I am now quite tired. But, aches are good - it reminds me that I worked and worked hard! Pleasing training session!