Thursday 16 August 2012

The Beginning...

So then, first night of the proper structured training regime.

I really should have taken weights and measurements, but, I couldn't give a rat's bollock about all that.  I'm more interested in pushing/pulling more in the gym and getting my body stronger for the rugby season.

I should mention that I'm currently being treated in physio for a weird shoulder injury (supraspinitus injury caused when I sprung my collar bone yonks ago).  And I'm coming back from a semi-serious knee injury (MCL sprain - 3 times because I'm stupid).

My plan for the routine will be... Stick to the routine for 8 weeks; enough to see a very good increase in power, strength and size.  I'll do 1 set of 10 at a light weight, another set between 8-10 at a slightly heavier weight, then 3 sets of 5 at my working weight.

My basic workouts will be:

Monday
  • Bench Press (including incline bench) รข€“ so almost a double set there
  • Bicep work (curls, hammer, pass-bar, whatever, just mix it up a bit)
  • Dips
  • Flys

Tuesday - Legs
  • Squat
  • Lunges
  • Calves
  • Hamstring curls


Wednesday - Shoulder/tri
  • Dumbell shoulder press
  • Shrugs
  • Dips
  • Wide grip lat pulldown
  • Tricep extension (using rope attachment)


Friday
  • Deadlifts
  • Bicep curls (gun-show work for the weekend)
  • Dips
  • Triceps pull-downs

No comments:

Post a Comment