Saturday 24 November 2012

Magical Monday.

Genuinely unsure what was magical about it, other than the alliteration.  And probably the fact that I didn't kill anyone at work.

Anyway - this was a big bench press session for me.  I'm into PB territory every time that I put weight on the bar, which is pleasing to say the least.

So...
  • Bench press - 10 @ 60kg, 4 x 5 @ 105kg
  • Close grip pulldown - 10 @ 60kg, 4 x 5 @ 85kg
  • Cable pectoral flye - 10 @ 20kg, 4 x 5 @ 40kg
  • Dips - 1 x 10 then my left tricep conked out and was on the verge of injury
  • Rowing machine - 2km in 7:58.4 - a new PB
  • Treadmill - 2km in 15:32
I was pleased to shift the 2 plates + 2.5kg each side.  I got that going and had to have a little bit of spotter assistance on the last couple of reps of the last sets.  So I'm not moving the weight up just yet.  I want at least 3 clean sets before I go to 110kg.

The dips disappointed me, but after the bench press, I found it difficult to do anything with my left arm.

Stupidly, we thought CV was a good idea.  So I attempted to beat a mate's 2k row time (around 7:40), but after 4 days hard training, my body wouldn't let me do anything other than beat my old PB by 1.5 seconds.  I was on the pace for the first km and just faded away.  Then I went for a bit of a plod on the treadmill - they're boring bastards, aren't they!

No comments:

Post a Comment