Tuesday 18 September 2012

Full Moon-day.

Hooray for Mondays.  Well, hooray for boobies, but that's for another set of websites.

Fresh week, fresh start at the gym.  I was feeling in fine fettle after the weekend's activity - 18 miles cycled on Saturday and a good boxing session on Sunday.  I normally have very achy abdominals after boxing, but I felt good.  My back is beginning to feel right again after pulling it doing a very heavy deadlift the other week.

  • Db shoulder press: 10 @ 45lbs, 8 @ 55lb, 3 x 5 @ 65lb
  • Shrug: 10 @ 40kg, 8 @ 60kg, 3 x 5 @ 80kg
  • Military press: 10 @ 30kg, 8 @ 40kg, 3x5 @ 55kg
  • Seated row: 10 @ 45kg, 8 @ 60kg, 3 x 5 @ 85kg
  • Dip: 10 @ 80lb, 8 @ 70lb, 3 x 5 @ 40lb
After this I did 20 minutes on the rowing maching.  16 minutes at 2:20/500m pace then a set of Tabata intervals to finish the session off.  Tabata is 20 seconds all out effort followed by 10 seconds rest - repeated 8 times.  I covered 4407m in total.  We'll see how far I cover the next time I do a tabata + 16 minutes, now that I've set a benchmark.

Overall, I was pleased with the session.  A weight on the shoulders that I struggled with was dealth with easily on my second warmup set.  My grip failed slightly due to a damaged grip on the shrug levers.  The military press was pleasing, especially after a DB shoulder set.  I did the first set as clean and press as this is part of an intra-rugby club competition.  Seated row went well and was there to work the rear deltoid.  I was particularly pleased with the dips - my heaviest ever and I'd already worked my triceps twice.  I'm getting close to a bodyweight dip - which for an 18.5 stone man with noodly arms is pleasing!

No comments:

Post a Comment