Tuesday 11 September 2012

Mammary Monday!

I am such a child.  Just look at the title.  Mammary.  Hahaha!

Anyway - the start of a new training week.  More weight.  More effort.  Less days planned.

As appears to be traditional for almost every person to use a gym, ever; Monday = bench press.

So...

Bench press: 1 x 10 @ 50kg, 1 x 8 @ 60kg, 3 x 5 @ 95kg
Seated row: 1 x 10 @ 50kg, 1 x 8 @ 60kg, 3 x 5 @ 80kg
Dips: 1 x 10 @ 80lb, 1 x 8 @ 60lb, 3 x 5 @ 45lb
Barbell shrug: 1 x 10 @ 60kg, 1 x 10 @ 80kg, 3 x 5 @ 110kg
Standing military press: 1 x 10 @ 30kg, 1 x 8 @ 40kg, 3 x 5 @ 50kg



A weight PR for bench press.  I did need a tiny bit of assistance on the last 2 reps, but I won't be able to press the weight unless I try pressing the weight.

First time that I've done seated row in a while and I won't be doing that again until my back is better as I'm remarkably sore today.

The bench press took a lot out of my arms so I really struggled my way through these.

Barbell shrug seems easy; I tend to run out of grip before I run out of strength.

Standing military press was physically demanding and really made me breathe hard.  First time I've ever done that.


Quite pleased with this session.  I felt like I'd worked out and the military press is going to be a good way of activating the core whilst exercising - something that I'm going to add in every now and then until I give my routine a proper shake up (in 5 - 6 weeks).

Next session...

Shoulder-tastic on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment