Friday 7 September 2012

Fudgecake Friday!

I've completely forgotten to blog my training this week.  Knickers, pisspoo and other sweary words.

So, before I edit...

Tuesday - Shoulder session.  Went well.

Wednesday - surprise leg session.  Didn't go well. 15" deadlift of 140kg and it pulled a muscle in my lower back, which put me out of the rest of the session.

Thursday - bench press.  Went well again, considering the hurty back

Friday - another shoulder session and I'm a little sore and achy from the week's training.

Dumbell shoulder press: 1 x 10 @ 35lbs, 1 x 10 @ 45lbs, 1 x 10 @ 55lbs
Seated dumbell shrug: 1 x 10 @ 40lbs, 1 x 10 @ 55lbs, 3 x 5 @ 90lbs
Tricep rope pushdown: 1 x 10 @ 15kg, 1 x 8 @ 15kg, 3 x 5 @ 25kg
Close grip pulldown: 1 x 10 @ 45kg, 1 x 8 @ 60kg, 3 x 5 @ 75kg


Good session to end a difficult week.  I was really careful to avoid hurting my back again.

Shoulder press is going up 5lbs next week.  Good progression there!  Shrugs were good on power, but I prefer barbell shrugs - I just wanted to take pressure off my back.  Pushdown is as difficult as ever and the pulldown was a solid session ender.

A good training week and I'm looking forward to next week's sessions (aiming at just 3 sessions next week though).

No comments:

Post a Comment