Wednesday 29 August 2012

Trifling Tuesday

Unsure about the title of the blog as I don't really like trifle, but I did like today's session.

First session of the week and first session since last Wednesday as life, in general took over.

So, the short walk to the gym having had a good few rest cycles, a bout of the squits, insomnia, junk food and a wedding reception.

  • Dumbell Bench Press - 10 @ 35lb DB, 8 @ 45lb, 2 x 5 @ 30kg, 1 x 5 80kg barbell
  • Hammer Curl - 10 @ 35lb, 8 @ 45lb, 3 x 5 @ 55lb
  • Dips - 10 @ 80lb, 8 @ 70lb, 3 x 5 @ 55lb
  • Wide Grip Lat Pulldown - 10 @ 30kg, 8 @ 40kg, 3 x 5 @ 65kg
  • Pec Flye Machine - 10 @ 50lb, 8 @ 60lb, 3 x 5 @ 70lb
Quite pleased with that.  A couple of key points that came out of tonight's session...

The bench press ended with a set of 1.5 plate barbell.  When I was training previously, I was knocking on the door of 2 plates.  Now, I'm getting back there and I'm still considering myself in rehab - 1.5 plates pleases me muchly.  I'm going to continue to do my last set as a slightly heavier barbell press as the dumbell is being used to increase and improve proprioception in my shoulder joint.

The dips were the heaviest that I've done all year and the only thing holding me back is the pinching in my shoulder as I tense at the bottom of the movement.  But, I'm at ~ 30lb less on the assistance, which is over 2 stone.

Everything else in the session seemed to flow nicely.  I'm pleased with my progress so far.

Now for sleep as I'm hoping for a double training day tomorrow - a leg session at 7am and a shoulder session as soon as I've finished work.

I'm really enjoying being back in the gym.  Got to love that feeling of uselessness when I can't lift my protein shake up to my mouth and that my phone feels heavy for the first hour post-training!

Power.  Strength.  Effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment