Monday 11 February 2013

Week 2 of 12...

Some measurements to kick us off...

Weight: 18st 5lbs (-9lbs)
Bodyfat %: 25.4 (-0.6%)

Having been sensible with my nutrition - not going over 2000kcal in any day, not drinking alcohol and ensuring that I'm snacking less.  And also making sure that I'm going to bed earlier, I think I've managed to get the 3 main points of training completed.  That is nutrition, training and rest.  I'm quite pleased with the 9lb weight loss and I'm well aware that it'll tail off over the next couple of weeks.  I'm really aiming for around -2lbs per week, which is a sensible and sustainable weight loss.  Once I get into the mid 16s, I'll be happier.  Also - dropping 20kg in bodyweight will push up my squat resistance on the bar - I'd rather put 10kg each side of the bar, than walk around with 20kg in my pockets all day!

So then - tonight's training session...

Squat: 70, 85, 100, 120, 135
Bench: 50, 60, 70, 85, 95
Row: 30, 40, 45, 55, 60

All done x 5 reps.

Squat was OK - my back was a feeling a little weak yesterday and I was worried about how it might hold up, but, I felt good.

Bench press was almost easy, but I know that it's going to get more difficult in a couple of weeks.  So I'm happy to be comfortable on 95kg x 5.  There were probably another 5 more reps in there, which is brilliant - a couple of months ago, I'd have snapped your hand off if you'd have said I'd be almost 2 plates strong for reps!

Row - I pushed the weight up to next week's weight as I wasn't sure that I was getting much out of the rowing.  It's just not something that has been a part of my training regime before, so I'm still finding my weight.  I'll adjust my weights accordingly.

I'm pleased to still have enough energy in the tank to train, considering that I'm on a diet/cutting cycle.  Looking forward to deadlifting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment