Tuesday 27 August 2013

Bank Holiday Moan-day

See what I did there?

So then - first session of my slightly different training regimen.  Session 1 - chest.  Lighter weights, so easier.  Or so I thought.

ChestFlat Bench Press - 1 x 10 @ 60kg, 3 x 12 @ 80kg
Incline Dumbbell Press - 1 x 10 @ 25kg, 1 x 12 @ 25kg, 2 x 12 @ 22.5kg
Dumbbell Flye - 3 x 12 @ 15kg
Dip - 3 x 12 @ 90lb assistance
Cable Crossover - N/A (equipment not available during the entire session)
Dumbbell Pullover - 3 x 12 @ 15kg
Weighted Sit Ups - 3 x 12 @ 15kg

So then...  That hurt.  Quite a bit more than I expected, to be honest.  I dropped the warmup set once I'd actually warmed up (the bench press and incline DB press ensured that I was warmed up enough).

Bench press was difficult - I was surprised how much different 12 reps were.

I had to drop the weight down slightlt on the incline DB press, being pre-fatigued was a real killer - normally I give the previous muscle group a rest and work on a push/pull type of routine.  But the lack of rest was difficult.

The flye was OK, and I was struggling by the end, so I think I got that weight pretty much spot on.

Dips - when I was training before, I was 2 stone lighter and able to press more (but for less reps), even so, I've come down considerably in terms of strength.  I'll get back there though.

Cable crossover - the machine was unavailable throughout my entire gym session, so I had to give that one a miss.

DB pullover felt quite light, I think I'll move that up to 17.5kg next time.

Weighted sit ups went well.  Unsure whether to go up in weight or up in reps for that.

After those exercises, I felt a dull ache and generally tired.  So I'm pleased to report that I have full on man boob soreness today.

Next gym session is on Wednesday where I'll be giving my back a bit of a beasting.  Looking forward to that one as I gingerly return to deadlifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment