Tuesday 9 October 2012

Tetchy Tuesday.

I'm not sure why tetchy, I think I'm just struggling to think of words for alliterative purposes.

Following on from yesterday's volume based training, I'm continuing with a 'normal' ish workout plan, but reducing the weight slightly and doing lots more reps.  I can really feel it in my arms and chest today, the ache points to progress though, so I'm happy to have these training aches again.

Tonight's session was aimed at the shoulders and looked like this...

  • Seated shoulder press - 1 x 10 @ 40kg, 1 x 10 @ 45kg, 3 x 12 @ 50kg
  • Shrug -  1 x 10 @ 45kg, 1 x 10 @ 65kg, 2 x 12 @ 75kg, 1 x 13 @ 75kg
  • Standing military press - 1 x 10 @ 30kg, 1 x 10 @ 40kg, 2 x 12 @ 50kg, 1 x 10 @ 50kg
  • Cable pulldown -  1 x 10 @ 55kg, 1 x 10 @ 65kg, 2 x 12 @ 75kg, 1 x 18 @ 75kg
  • Tricep rope pushdown - 1 x 10 @ 15kg, 4 x 12 @ 20kg

That was a hard session.  On at least 2 occasions, I gave it almost all that I had and had I not had a moment after finishing the exercise, I'd have stood up and passed out.  Genuine effort, all around.

The seated press was good - I wasn't far away from my 3x5 weight and I did more than twice as many reps.

The shrug was solid, but I was losing grip on my last set so couldn't bust any more out.

The standing press is a good, core upwards, intensive movement and again, I wasn't far from my 3 x 5 weight.

The cable pulldown nearly had me conking out.  Which is good - I love pushing myself as far as I can.

With the rope pushdown, I simply had no more to give and was completely tatered by the end of the session.

Leg session, with volume tomorrow.  I'm not looking forward to that as it's an early session.  But, it'll set me up for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment